Zeta FX-79 Buffalo Build
My wife bought me a Zeta FX-79 Buffalo flying wing for Christmas. I'll be chronicling the build in this blog post. My motivation for this plane was to have an FPV platform to use for balloon "Search and Rescue" operations. I'd like to have an FPV camera, and a higher resolution camera for post-flight analysis. I'd also like to be able to fly my Kenwood TH-D72A radio as an airborne APRS digipeater platform. Since my trackers are very low power (10mw or so), the hope is that an airborne digipeater might be helpful in recovery operations.
I purchased the fittings from a variety of sources. The Bill of Materials follows.
- Zeta FX-79 Buffalo
- Propdrive V2 3548 900kv Brushless Outrunner
- YEP 60A (2~6S) SBEC Brushless Speed Controller
- UBEC DUO 4A/5~12V & 4A/5V
- GWS Style Slowfly Propeller 12x3.8 Black
- (5) Corona 939MG Metal Gear Servo 2.5kg / 0.14sec / 12.5g
- FrSky X8R - 8/16 Channel Receiver (Antenna Combo)
- Antenna Mount Holder for Frsky X8R
- OMNIBUS F4 Pro (v2) Flight Controller
- Ublox Neo-M8N GPS with Compass
- RunCam Eagle 2 FPV Camera - 4:3
- Lumenier TX5G6R Mini 600mW 5.8GHz FPV Transmitter
- ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 3S1P 20C
- Zeta FX-79 Buffalo Aluminum Motor Mount
I'll be doing the build with the Omnibus F4 Pro V2 flight controller, which includes an OSD and can relay Smartport Telemetry back to my Tanaris Plus transmitter.
In future posts, I'll document the build process and initial flights.